Anthrax is a rare but serious disease caused by a spore-forming bacterium, Bacillus anthracis. Anthrax mainly affects livestock and game. Humans can be infected through direct or indirect contact with sick animals.Anthrax Treatment Hyderabad
- There is no evidence that anthrax is transmitted from person to person, but it is possible that skin lesions caused by anthrax are contagious through direct contact or through contact with a contaminated object (form). Usually, anthrax bacteria enter the body through a wound on the skin. You can also get infected by eating contaminated meat or breathing in the spores.
- Signs and symptoms, which depend on how you are infected, can include skin sores, vomiting, and shock. Rapid antibiotic treatment can cure most anthrax infections. Inhaled anthrax is more difficult to treat and can be fatal.
- Anthrax is very rare in developed countries. However, the disease remains of concern as the bacteria have been used in US bioterrorism attacks.
There are four common ways to get an anthrax infection, each with different signs and symptoms. In most cases, symptoms develop within six days of exposure to the bacteria. However, it may take more than six weeks for symptoms of inhaled anthrax to appear.Anthrax Treatment Hyderabad
Anthrax spores are made by anthrax bacteria that occur naturally in the soil in most parts of the world. The spores can rest for years before they find their way into a host. Common anthrax hosts are wild or farm animals such as sheep, cattle, horses, and goats.
- Although anthrax is rare in the United States, it is still widespread in developing countries, such as Central and South America, sub-Saharan Africa, Central Asia and southwestern Europe, southern and eastern Europe, and the Caribbean.
To get anthrax, you need to come into direct contact with anthrax spores. This is more likely if you:Anthrax Treatment Hyderabad
- Are in the military and are used in an area where anthrax is at high risk
- Working with anthrax in the laboratory
- Treat animal skins, furs, or wool from areas with high anthrax incidence
- Work in veterinary medicine, especially if you deal with livestock
- Handle or Dress Up Game – While anthrax is rare in the US, outbreaks in domestic cattle and wildlife such as deer do occur occasionally
- Inject illegal drugs like heroin
To prevent infection after exposure to anthrax spores, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend:Anthrax Treatment Hyderabad
- The 60-day course of antibiotics – ciprofloxacin, doxycycline, and levofloxacin – is approved for adults and children
- A three-dose series of anthrax vaccines
- In some cases, treatment with monoclonal antibodies – raxibacumab and obiltoxaximab