Autism spectrum disorder is a condition related to the development of the brain that affects the way a person perceives and socializes with others, creating problems with social interaction and communication. The disorder also includes limited and repetitive behavior patterns. The term “spectrum” in autism spectrum disorders refers to the wide range of symptoms and degrees of severity.
- Autism spectrum disorder encompasses conditions that were previously considered separate – autism, Asperger’s syndrome, childhood disintegration disorder, and an unspecified form of ubiquitous developmental disorder. Some people still use the term “Asperger’s Syndrome,” which is generally considered to be the mild end of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder begins in early childhood and eventually causes problems with functioning in society – for example, socially, at school, and at work. Children often show symptoms of autism in the first year. A small number of children appear to develop normally in the first year and then go through a regression period between 18 and 24 months as they develop symptoms of autism.
- While there is no cure for autism spectrum disorders, intensive and early treatment can make a big difference in many children’s lives.Autism spectrum disorder Treatment Khammam
Some children show signs of autism spectrum disorder in early childhood, such as: B. Reduced eye contact, lack of response to their names, or indifference to caregivers. Other children may develop normally in the first few months or years of life, but suddenly become withdrawn or aggressive, or lose the language they have already learned. The signs are usually seen by the age of 2.
- Every child with an autism spectrum disorder is likely to have a unique behavioral pattern and severity – from low to high functioning.
- Some children with Autism Spectrum Disorders have learning difficulties and some show signs of lower than normal intelligence. Other children with this disorder are of normal to high intelligence – they learn quickly, but have difficulty communicating and using what they know in everyday life and adapting to social situations.
Autism Spectrum Disorder has no known cause. Given the complexity of the disorder and the fact that symptoms and severity vary, the causes are likely to be many. Genetics and the environment can play a role.
- Genetically. Several different genes appear to be involved in autism spectrum disorders. In some children, an autism spectrum disorder can be linked to a genetic disorder such as Rett syndrome or Fragile X syndrome. In other children, genetic changes (mutations) can increase the risk of developing an autism spectrum disorder. Still other genes can affect brain development, the way brain cells communicate, or they can determine the severity of symptoms. Some genetic mutations appear to be inherited while others occur spontaneously.Autism spectrum disorder Treatment Khammam
Gender of your child Boys are about four times more likely to develop autism spectrum disorder than girls.
Family history. Families with one child with an autism spectrum disorder are at increased risk of having another child with the disorder. It is also not uncommon for the parent or loved one of a child with an autism spectrum disorder to have minor problems with social or communication skills on their own, or to engage in certain behaviors typical of the disorder.
Other disorders. Children with certain medical conditions are at higher than normal risk of autism spectrum disorders or autism-like symptoms. Examples include Fragile X Syndrome, a hereditary disease that causes intellectual problems; Tuberculosis, a condition in which benign tumors develop in the brain; and Rett syndrome, a genetic disorder that occurs almost exclusively in girls and results in slow head growth, intellectual disability, and loss of deliberate use of the hand.
Extremely premature babies. Babies born before the 26th week of pregnancy may be at higher risk for autism spectrum disorder.
Age of parents. There may be a link between children born to older parents and autism spectrum disorders, however.Autism spectrum disorder Treatment Khammam