Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common causes of dizziness – a sudden feeling that you are spinning or the inside of your head is spinning.Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) Treatment Hyderabad
- BPPV causes brief episodes of mild to severe dizziness. It is usually triggered by certain changes in the position of your head. This can happen when you tilt your head up or down, when you lie down, or when you turn around or sit in bed.
- While BPPV can be bothersome, it is rarely severe unless it increases your risk of falling. You can get effective treatment for BPPV during a visit to the doctor.
Signs and symptoms of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) can include:Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) Treatment Hyderabad
- Feeling that you or those around you are spinning or moving (dizziness)
- Loss of balance or instability
Inner ear and balance
Inner Ear and BalanceOpen Pop-up Dialog Boxes
Often there is no known cause of BPPV. This is known as idiopathic BPPV.
- When there is a known cause, BPPV is often associated with a light to severe blow to the head. Less common causes of BPPV are disorders that damage your inner ear or, rarely, damage that occurs to your back during an ear surgery or for a long time, such as: B. on a dentist’s chair. BPPV has also been linked to migraines.
Benign paroxysmal positional dizziness is most common in people aged 50 and over, but can occur at any age. BPPV is also more common in women than men. A head injury or other equilibrium disorder in your ear can make you more susceptible to BPPV.Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) Treatment Hyderabad