Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) – also called enlarged prostate – is a common condition as men get older. An enlarged prostate can cause uncomfortable urinary symptoms, such as: B. blocking the flow of urine from the bladder. It can also cause bladder, urinary tract, or kidney problems.
There are several effective treatments for an enlarged prostate, including medications, minimally invasive therapies, and surgery. To choose the best option, you and your doctor will study your symptoms, the size of your prostate, other health problems, and your preferences. Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) Treatment in Nizamabad
The severity of symptoms in people with an enlarged prostate varies, but symptoms tend to come on gradually over time. Common signs and symptoms of BPH include:
- Frequent or urgent need to urinate
- Increased nocturnal frequency of urination (nocturia)
- Difficulty urinating
- A weak stream of urine or a stream that stops and starts
- Dribbling at the end of urination
- Inability to empty the bladder completely
Comparison of normal and enlarged prostate glands Open the popup dialog
The prostate is located under your bladder. The tube that carries urine from the bladder out of your penis (urethra) runs through the center of the prostate. As the prostate gets larger, it begins to block the flow of urine.
Most men have developed their prostates throughout their lives. In many men, this continued growth enlarges the prostate enough to cause urinary symptoms or significantly block the flow of urine. Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) Treatment in Nizamabad
Risk factors for an enlarged prostate include:
- Aging. An enlarged prostate rarely causes signs and symptoms in men under 40 years of age. About a third of men will have moderate to severe symptoms by the age of 60 and about half by the age of 80.
- Family history. If you have a blood relative such as a father or sibling with prostate problems, you are more likely to have problems.
- Diabetes and heart disease. Studies show that diabetes, along with heart disease and the use of beta blockers, can increase the risk of BPH.
- Lifestyle. Obesity increases your risk of BPH, while exercise can lower your risk. Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) Treatment in Nizamabad