Illustration shows a breast cyst
Open Breast Cyst Pop-up Dialog
Breast cysts are sacs that are filled with fluid in the chest. They’re usually not cancerous (benign). You may have one or more breast cysts. A breast cyst often looks like a water-filled grape or balloon, but sometimes a breast cyst feels solid.
- Breast cysts don’t need treatment unless a cyst is large and painful or uncomfortable. In this case, draining fluid from a breast cyst can relieve symptoms.
- Although breast cysts can occur in women of any age, they are more common in pre-menopausal women, usually under the age of 50. But they can be found in women of all ages. Breast cysts are also common in postmenopausal women who are receiving hormone therapy.Breast cysts Treatment Hyderabad
Breast cysts can be found in one or both breasts. Signs and symptoms of a breast cyst include:
- A smooth, easily agile round or oval mass with smooth edges – usually, but not always, an indication that it is benign.Breast cysts Treatment Hyderabad
- Discharge from the nipple, which may be clear, yellow, straw-colored, or dark brown
- Chest pain or tenderness in the area of the breast lump
- An increase in breast size and tenderness just before your period
- A reduction in the size of the breast lump and the resolution of other symptoms after your period
Each of your breasts contains lobes of glands that are arranged like the petals of a daisy. The lobes are divided into smaller lobes that produce milk during pregnancy and breastfeeding. The supporting tissue that gives the breast its shape consists of adipose tissue and fibrous connective tissue. Breast cysts are caused by the build-up of fluid in the mammary glands.Breast cysts Treatment Hyderabad
Breast cysts can be defined by their size:
- Microcysts can be seen on imaging tests such as mammograms or ultrasounds, but are too small to be felt.
- Macrocysts are large enough to be felt and can reach an inch or an inch in diameter.Breast cysts Treatment Hyderabad