A broken leg is a break or tear in one of the bones in the leg. Common causes are falls, traffic accidents and sports injuries.
- Treatment for a broken leg depends on the location and severity of the injury. A severely broken leg may require surgery to implant devices into the broken bone and maintain proper alignment while it heals. Other injuries can be treated with a cast or splint. In either case, prompt diagnosis and treatment of a broken leg is essential for a full recovery.Broken leg Treatment Hyderabad
A broken thigh (femur) – the strongest bone in your body – is usually obvious as it takes a lot of force to break. But fractures in your tibia – the main supporting bone in your leg – and the bone that runs along your tibia below the knee (fibula) can be more subtle.Broken leg Treatment Hyderabad
The signs and symptoms of a broken leg can include:
- Severe pain that may work with movement
- Obvious deformity or shortening of the affected leg
- Inability to walk
There are several ways you can break your leg, including:
- Yes. A simple fall can break one or both of the bones in your leg. However, the femur is unlikely to be broken without further trauma.
- Motor vehicle accidents. The bones of all three legs can break in a traffic accident. Fractures can occur if your knees get caught on the dashboard in an accident.
- Sports injuries. Overstretching the leg in contact sports can lead to a broken leg, as can a direct hit, e.g. B. from a hockey stick or the body of an opponent.
- Child abuse. In children, a broken leg can be the result of child abuse, especially if the injury occurs before the child can walk.Broken leg Treatment Hyderabad
Stress fractures are often the result of repetitive stress on the leg bones from physical activity such as walking.
- Ballet dance
A broken leg cannot always be avoided. However, these basic tips can lower your risk:
- Strengthen your bones. Foods high in calcium like milk, yogurt, and cheese can help build strong bones. Supplementing with calcium or vitamin D can also improve bone strength. Ask your doctor if these supplements are right for you.
- Wear suitable sports shoes. Choose the right shoe for your favorite sport or activity. And replace athletic shoes regularly. Discard the sneakers as soon as the profile or heel is worn out, or if the shoes do not wear evenly.Broken leg Treatment Hyderabad