A broken nose, also called a nasal fracture, is a fracture or tear in a bone in the nose – often the bone on the bridge of the nose.
- Contact sports, physical fights, falls, and motor vehicle accidents that result in facial trauma are common. A broken nose can cause pain, swelling and bruising around the nose and under the eyes. Your nose may appear crooked and you may have difficulty breathing.
- Treatment for a broken nose may include procedures that realign your nose. Surgery is usually not required for a broken nose.Broken nose Treatment Hyderabad
Signs and symptoms of a broken nose:
- Pain or tenderness, especially when you touch your nose
- Swelling of the nose and the surrounding area
- Bruises around the nose or eyes
- Twisted or deformed nose
- Difficulty breathing through the nose
- Mucus discharge from the nose
- The feeling that one or both of your nasal passages are blocked
Nasal bones and cartilage
Nasal bone and cartilage positions Open popup dialog
Common causes of a broken nose are:Broken nose Treatment Hyderabad
- Injuries from contact sports such as soccer or hockey
- Physical confrontations
- Motor vehicle accidents
Any activity that increases your risk of facial injury increases your risk of a broken nose. These activities can include:
- Play contact sports such as soccer and hockey, especially without a helmet with a face shield
- Take part in physical battles
- Lift weights, especially if you are not using a spotter
- Driving in a motor vehicle, especially without a seat belt
You can use these guidelines to help prevent a broken nose:
- When traveling in a motor vehicle, wear seat belts and keep children in age-appropriate child seats.
- Wear recommended safety equipment when playing hockey, soccer, or other contact sports; B. a helmet with face protection.
- Wear a helmet when riding a bike or motorcycle.Broken nose Treatment Hyderabad