Wrist Bones Open the Colles Fracture pop-up dialog box
Colles FractureOpen popup dialog box
A broken wrist is a break or tear in one or more bones in your wrist. The most common of these injuries occurs to the wrist when people try to catch up from a fall and land hard on an outstretched hand.
- If you do sports such as roller blading or snowboarding, or if your bones become thinner and more fragile (osteoporosis), you may be at greater risk of a broken wrist.
- It is important to treat a broken wrist as soon as possible. Otherwise, the bones may not heal in proper alignment, which can affect your ability to perform daily activities such as writing or buttoning a shirt. Early treatment also helps minimize pain and stiffness.Broken wrist Treatment Khammam
A broken wrist can cause the following signs and symptoms:
- Severe pain that can worsen when you grip, squeeze, or move your hand or wrist
- Obvious deformity like a bent wrist
A broken wrist can be caused by:
Yes. Falling on an outstretched hand is one of the most common causes of a broken wrist.
Sports injuries. Many wrist fractures occur during contact sports or sports where you might fall on an outstretched hand – such as B. inline skating or snowboarding.
Motor vehicle accidents. Motor vehicle collisions can cause wrist bones to tear, sometimes in multiple pieces, and often require surgical repair.
Participating in certain sports activities and suffering from osteoporosis, a slimming disease, can increase the chances of breaking your wrist.Broken wrist Treatment Khammam
Contact sports and activities that increase your risk of falls can increase your risk of broken wrist bones. Examples include:
- Football or soccer, especially on artificial turf
Ride a horse
It is impossible to avoid the unforeseen events that often cause a broken wrist. However, these tips could offer some protection.
- Strengthen your bones
How to Build Strong Bones:
- Eat a nutritious diet with enough calcium and vitamin D.
Do lots of stress exercises, such as: B. brisk walking
Stop smoking when you smoke.Broken wrist Treatment Khammam