Childhood schizophrenia is a rare but serious mental disorder in which children interpret reality in abnormal ways. Schizophrenia involves a number of problems with thinking (cognitive), behavior, or emotions. This can lead to a combination of hallucinations, delusions, and extremely disturbed thoughts and behaviors that affect your child’s ability to function.
- Childhood schizophrenia is essentially the same as adult schizophrenia, but occurs early in life and has a profound impact on a child’s behavior and development. In childhood schizophrenia, the early age of onset poses particular challenges in terms of diagnosis, treatment, education, and emotional and social development.
- Schizophrenia is a chronic disease that requires lifelong treatment. Identifying and starting treatment for childhood schizophrenia early on can greatly improve your child’s long-term outcomes.Childhood schizophrenia Treatment Hyderabad
Schizophrenia involves a number of problems with thinking, behavior, or emotions. Signs and symptoms can vary, but usually include delusions, hallucinations, or disorganized language, and reflect impaired functioning. The effect can be deactivated.
- Symptoms of schizophrenia usually start in your mid to late twenties. Schizophrenia is rarely diagnosed in children. Early onset schizophrenia occurs before the age of 18. Schizophrenia onset very early in children under the age of 13 is extremely rare.
- Symptoms can vary in type and severity over time, with periods of worship and symptom remission. Some symptoms may still be present. Schizophrenia can be difficult to detect in the early stages.
It is not known what causes schizophrenia in childhood, but it is believed that it develops in the same way as schizophrenia in adults. Researchers believe that a combination of genetics, brain chemistry, and the environment all contribute to the development of the disorder. It is not known why schizophrenia begins so early in life for some and not for others.
- Problems with certain natural chemicals in the brain, including the neurotransmitters called dopamine and glutamate, can contribute to schizophrenia. Neuroimaging studies show differences in the brain structure and central nervous system of people with schizophrenia. Although the researchers aren’t sure how significant these changes are, they do suggest that schizophrenia is a brain disease.Childhood schizophrenia Treatment Hyderabad
Although the exact cause of schizophrenia is unknown, certain factors appear to increase your risk of developing or causing schizophrenia, including:
- Do you have a family history of schizophrenia
- Increased activation of the immune system such as inflammation or autoimmune diseases
- The age of the father
- Certain pregnancy and childbirth complications, such as malnutrition or exposure to toxins or viruses that can affect brain development
- Use of psychotropic drugs (psychoactive or psychoactive) during puberty.Childhood schizophrenia Treatment Hyderabad
Early detection and treatment can help control symptoms of childhood schizophrenia before serious complications develop. Early treatment is also important to limit psychotic episodes, which can be extremely scary for a child and their parents. Continued treatment can help improve your child’s long-term prospects.Childhood schizophrenia Treatment Hyderabad