Chlamydia (kluh-MID-e-uh) Trachomatis (truh-KOH-muh-tis) is a common sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by bacteria. You may not know that you have chlamydia as many people don’t have signs or symptoms, such as genital pain and discharge from the vagina or penis.
- Chlamydia trachomatis mainly affects young women, but it can occur in both men and women and in all age groups. It’s not difficult to treat, but if left untreated it can lead to more serious health problems.Chlamydia trachomatis Treatment Nizamabad
Early Chlamydia trachomatis infections often cause few or no signs and symptoms. Even when the signs and symptoms do appear, they are often mild making them easy to ignore.
The signs and symptoms of Chlamydia trachomatis infection can include:Chlamydia trachomatis Treatment Nizamabad
- Painful urination
- Vaginal discharge in women
- Discharge from the penis in men
- Painful intercourse in women
- Bleeding between periods and after sex in women
- Testicular pain in men
The bacteria Chlamydia trachomatis are most commonly transmitted during vaginal, oral and anal sex. Pregnant women can also pass chlamydia on to their children during childbirth, causing pneumonia or a serious eye infection in newborns.Chlamydia trachomatis Treatment Nizamabad
Factors that increase your risk for Chlamydia trachomatis include:Chlamydia trachomatis Treatment Nizamabad
- Be sexually active before the age of 25
- Have multiple sexual partners
- Don’t always use a condom
- A history of sexually transmitted infection
The safest way to prevent chlamydial infection is to avoid sex. Apart from that, you can:
- Use condoms. Use a male latex condom or female polyurethane condom every time you have sexual contact. Condoms, used correctly every time you have sex, reduce the risk of infection, but do not eliminate it.
- Limit your number of sexual partners. Having more than one sex partner puts you at high risk of chlamydia and other sexually transmitted infections.
- Get regular screenings. If you are sexually active, especially if you have multiple partners, talk to your doctor about how often you should be checked for chlamydia and other sexually transmitted infections.Chlamydia trachomatis Treatment Nizamabad.Chlamydia trachomatis Treatment Nizamabad