- Cradle cap on fair skin
- Cradle cap on light skin Open popup dialog Cradle cover on dark skin
- Cradle Cap on Dark Skin Open the pop-up dialog box
- The cradle creates crusty or oily flaky spots on a baby’s scalp. The condition is neither painful nor irritating. However, there may be thick white or yellow scales that are not easy to remove. Cradle cap Treatment in Hyderabad
The cradle cap will usually go away on its own within a few weeks or months. Home care routine includes washing your baby’s scalp with a mild shampoo every day. It can help loosen and remove the dandruff. Do not scratch the cradle cap. If the cradle persists or appears severe, your doctor may suggest shampoo, lotion, or other drug therapy. Cradle cap Treatment in Hyderabad
Common signs of a cradle cap include:
- Irregular flaking or thick crusts on the scalp
- Oily or dry skin with white or yellow scaly scales
- Maybe a slight reddening
- Similar scales can also be present on the ears, eyelids, nose, and groin area.
The cradle is common in newborns. It doesn’t usually itch.
- The cause of the cradle is unknown. One factor that contributes to this may be the hormones that are transmitted from mother to baby before birth. These hormones can cause excessive production of oil (sebum) in the sebum glands and hair follicles.
- Another factor can be a yeast (fungus) called Malassezia (mal-uh-SEE-zhuh) that grows in the sebum along with bacteria. Antifungal treatments like ketoconazole are often effective and support the idea that yeast is a contributing factor. Cradle cap Treatment in Hyderabad
The cradle is not contagious and is not caused by poor hygiene.
Shampooing your baby’s hair every few days can help prevent the crib. Use a mild baby shampoo unless your baby’s doctor recommends something stronger. Cradle cap Treatment in Hyderabad