Lewy body dementia, also known as Lewy body dementia, is the second most common form of progressive dementia after Alzheimer’s disease. Protein deposits called Lewy bodies develop in nerve cells in regions of the brain that are involved in thinking, memory and movement (motor control).
- Lewy body dementia leads to a gradual decline in mental performance. People with Lewy body dementia may experience visual hallucinations and changes in alertness and alertness. Other effects include Parkinson’s-like signs and symptoms, such as stiff muscles, slow movements, and tremors.Dementia, Lewy body( Lewy body dementia) treatment Nizamabad
The signs and symptoms of Lewy body dementia can include:Dementia, Lewy body( Lewy body dementia) treatment Nizamabad
- Visual hallucinations. Hallucinations can be one of the first symptoms and often come back. You can see shapes, animals, or people who are not there. Sound (auditory), olfactory (olfactory) or tactile (tactile) hallucinations are possible.
- Movement disorders. Signs of Parkinson’s disease (Parkinson’s signs) such as slow movement, stiff muscles, tremors or shuffling may occur. It can also lead to falls.
- Bad regulation of body functions (autonomic nervous system). Blood pressure, pulse, sweating, and the digestive process are regulated by a part of the nervous system that is often affected by Lewy dementia. It can lead to dizziness, bowel problems such as constipation.
- Cognitive problems. You may experience (cognitive) thinking problems similar to those in Alzheimer’s disease, such as: B. Confusion, lack of attention, visual and spatial problems, and memory loss.
Lewy body dementia is characterized by the abnormal protein formation in masses called Lewy bodies. This protein is also associated with Parkinson’s disease. People who have Lewy bodies in the brain also have plaques and tangles associated with Alzheimer’s disease.Dementia, Lewy body( Lewy body dementia) treatment Nizamabad
Some factors seem to increase your risk of developing Lewy dementia, including:Dementia, Lewy body( Lewy body dementia) treatment Nizamabad
- Age. People over 60 are at higher risk.
- Sex. Lewy body dementia affects men more than women.
- Family history. People with a family member with Lewy dementia or Parkinson’s disease are at higher risk.
Lewy body dementia is progressive. The signs and symptoms worsen causing:Dementia, Lewy body( Lewy body dementia) treatment Nizamabad
- Severe dementia
- Aggressive behavior
- Increased risk of falls and injuries
- Worsening of Parkinson’s signs and symptoms such as tremors
- Death, an average of about eight years after symptoms appeared