Depersonalization-Derealization Disorder occurs when you constantly or repeatedly feel like you are watching yourself from outside your body, or that things around you are not real, or both. Feelings of depersonalization and derealization can be very disturbing and make you feel like you are living in a dream.
Many people have a transient experience of depersonalization or derealization at some point. But when these feelings persist or never go away and interfere with your ability to function, they are considered a depersonalization-derealization disorder. This disorder is more common in people who have had traumatic experiences.
Depersonalization / derealization disorder can be severe and affect relationships, work, and other daily activities. The main treatment for depersonalization and derealization disorders is talk therapy (psychotherapy), although medication is sometimes used.Depersonalization-derealization disorder treatment hyderabad
Persistent and recurring episodes of depersonalization or derealization, or both, cause problems and problems at work, school, or other important areas of your life. During these episodes, you become aware that your sense of distancing is just a feeling and not a reality.
The experience and feelings of the disorder can be difficult to describe. When you worry about “going crazy” you can worry about existing and realizing what is really real.Depersonalization-derealization disorder treatment hyderabad
The exact cause of the depersonalization / derealization disorder is unknown. Some people may be more prone to depersonalization and derealization than others, possibly due to genetic and environmental factors. Conditions of increased stress and anxiety can trigger episodes.
- Symptoms of depersonalization / derealization disorder may be related to childhood trauma or other experiences or events that cause severe emotional stress or trauma.Depersonalization-derealization disorder treatment hyderabad
Factors that can increase your risk for depersonalization / derealization disorder include:
- Certain personality traits that make you avoid or deny difficult situations, or that make it difficult to adapt to difficult situations
- Severe trauma in childhood or adulthood, e.g. B. Experiencing or experiencing a traumatic event or abuse
- Severe stress, such as significant relationship, financial, or work-related problems
- Depression or anxiety, especially severe or persistent depression or anxiety accompanied by panic attacks
- Use of recreational drugs that may trigger episodes of depersonalization or derealization.Depersonalization-derealization disorder treatment hyderabad
Episodes of depersonalization or derealization can be frightening and debilitating. They can cause:
- Difficulty concentrating on tasks or remembering things
- Interfering with work and other routine activities
- Problems in relationships with family and friends
- Anxiety or depression.Depersonalization-derealization disorder treatment hyderabad