Dissociative disorders are mental disorders in which there is a separation and lack of continuity between thoughts, memories, surroundings, actions, and identity. People with dissociative disorders inadvertently and unhealthily escape reality and cause dysfunction on a daily basis.Depersonalization disorder treatment Nizamabad
- Dissociative disorders usually develop in response to trauma and help keep difficult memories in check. Symptoms – from amnesia to alternate identities – depend in part on the type of dissociative disorder you have. Times of stress can temporarily worsen symptoms and make them more obvious.
- Treatment for dissociative disorders may include talk therapy (psychotherapy) and medication. Although dissociative disorder can be difficult to manage, many people learn new ways to manage and lead a healthy and productive life.
The signs and symptoms will vary depending on the type of dissociative disorder you have, but they can include:Depersonalization disorder treatment Nizamabad
- Loss of memory (amnesia) of certain times, events, people and personal information
- A feeling of being detached from yourself and your emotions
- A perception of people and things around you as distorted and unreal
- A vague sense of identity
- Stress or significant problems in your relationships, work, or other important areas of your life
- Inability to deal well with emotional or work stress
- Mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts and behaviors
Dissociative disorders usually develop to deal with trauma. The disorders most commonly manifest in children who have been exposed to long-term physical, sexual, or emotional abuse or, less often, in a frightening or highly unpredictable home environment. The stress of war or natural disasters can also lead to dissociative disorders.
- Personal identity is formed in childhood. Thus, more than an adult, a child is able to come out of himself and observe trauma as if it had happened to another person. A child who is learning to separate in order to endure a traumatic experience may use this coping mechanism in response to stressful situations throughout their life.
People who experience long-term physical, sexual, or emotional abuse during their childhood are at greatest risk of developing dissociative disorders.Depersonalization disorder treatment Nizamabad
- Children and adults who experience other traumatic events such as war, natural disasters, kidnappings, torture, or lengthy, traumatic and early medical interventions can also develop these conditions.
People with dissociative disorders are at increased risk of complications and related disorders, such as:Depersonalization disorder treatment Nizamabad
- Self-harm or dismemberment
- Suicidal thoughts and behavior
- Sexual dysfunction
- Alcoholism and Drug Use Disorders
- Depression and anxiety disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Personality disorder
Children who are physically, emotionally, or sexually abused are at increased risk of developing mental disorders such as dissociative disorders. If stress or other personal issues are affecting the way you treat your child, seek help.Depersonalization disorder treatment Nizamabad
- Talk to someone you trust, such as a friend, your doctor, or a leader in your faith community.
- Ask for help finding resources such as parenting support groups and family therapists.
- Look for churches and community education programs that offer parenting courses that can also help you learn a healthier style of parenting.