Dermatitis is a general term used to describe skin irritation. Dermatitis is a common condition that has many causes and comes in many forms. This is usually itchy, dry skin or a rash on puffy, red skin. Or it can cause blisters, oozing, crusts, or flakes on the skin. Examples of this condition are atopic dermatitis (eczema), dandruff, and contact dermatitis.
- Dermatitis is not contagious, but it can make you uncomfortable and embarrassed. Regular hydration helps control symptoms. Treatment may also include medicated ointments, creams, and shampoos.Dermatitis treatment Nizamabad
Atopic dermatitis on the legs
Atopic Dermatitis Open the pop-up dialog Contact Wrist Dermatitis
Contact Dermatitis On Wrist Open Open the Seborrheic Dermatitis Face pop-up dialog box
Seborrheic dermatitis of the face Open popup dialog
Each type of dermatitis can look slightly different and usually occurs in different parts of your body.
Signs and symptoms of different types of dermatitis include:Dermatitis treatment Nizamabad
Atopic dermatitis (eczema). Usually, this red, itchy rash appears from childhood where the skin sags – on the inside of the elbows, behind the knees, and in front of the neck. The rash may leak fluid when scratched and crusted. People with atopic dermatitis may feel better and then have seasonal outbreaks.
Contact dermatitis. This red, prickly rash occurs when your skin has come into contact with substances that irritate the skin or cause allergic reactions. You can develop blisters.
Stung by a plant
The causes of the most common types of dermatitis are:Dermatitis treatment Nizamabad
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema). This type is likely related to dry skin, genetic variation, immune system dysfunction, skin infection, exposure to food, air, or contact allergens, or a combination thereof.
- Contact dermatitis. This type of result is the result of coming into contact with something that is irritating to your skin or causing an allergic reaction. Irritants or allergens include poison ivy, perfumes, jewelry containing nickel, detergents, and preservatives in many creams and lotions.
- Seborrheic dermatitis. This type is caused by a yeast (fungus) found in the secretion of oil on the skin.
Common risk factors for dermatitis are:Dermatitis treatment Nizamabad
Age. Dermatitis can occur at any age, but atopic dermatitis (eczema) usually begins in infancy.
Allergies and asthma. People with a personal or family history of eczema, allergies, hay fever, or asthma are more likely to develop atopic dermatitis.
Occupation. Work that brings you into contact with certain metals, solvents, or cleaning agents increases the risk of contact dermatitis. Being a health worker has been linked to hand eczema.
Health conditions. Health problems that put you at increased risk for seborrheic dermatitis include heart failure, Parkinson’s disease, and HIV / AIDS.
Scratching the itchy rash associated with dermatitis can lead to open sores that can become infected. These skin infections can spread and very rarely be fatal.Dermatitis treatment Nizamabad
Wear protective clothing when performing a task that contains irritants or harsh chemicals.
Avoid dry skin by following these bathing habits:
- Take shorter baths and showers. Limit your baths and showers to 5 to 10 minutes. Use lukewarm water instead of hot. Bath oil can also be helpful.
- Use a mild, soap-free detergent. Choose odorless cleaning agents. Some soaps can dry out your skin.
- Gently dry yourself off. After bathing, gently pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
- Hydrate your skin. While your skin is still damp, seal the hydration with an oil, cream, or lotion. Try different products to find one that suits you. Ideally, the best for you is safe, effective, affordable, and odorless. Two small studies showed that applying a protective moisturizer to the skin of infants at high risk for atopic dermatitis reduced the incidence of the disease by up to 50 percent.Dermatitis treatment Nizamabad