- Breast enlargement in men (gynecomastia)
Large breasts in men (gynecomastia) Open popup dialog
Gynecomastia (guy-nuh-koh-MAS-tee-uh) is an increase in the amount of tissue in the mammary gland in boys or men caused by an imbalance in the hormones estrogen and testosterone. Gynecomastia can affect one or both breasts, sometimes unevenly.
- Newborns, boys through puberty, and older men can develop gynecomastia due to normal changes in hormone levels, although there are other causes.
- Usually, gynecomastia isn’t a serious problem, but the disease can be difficult to deal with. Men and boys with gynecomastia sometimes have chest pain and may feel embarrassed. Enlarged breasts in men (gynecomastia) Treatment in Nizamabad
The signs and symptoms of gynecomastia include:
- Swollen breast tissue
When to see a doctor
Ask your doctor if you:
Pain or tenderness
Nipple discharge in one or both breasts
Gynecomastia is caused by a decrease in the amount of testosterone, the hormone compared to estrogen. The decrease can be caused by conditions that block the effects of testosterone, reduce testosterone, or increase your estrogen levels.
Various factors can upset hormonal balance, including the following.
Natural hormonal changes
The hormones testosterone and estrogen control sexual characteristics in both men and women. Testosterone controls male characteristics like muscle mass and body hair. Estrogen controls female characteristics, including breast growth. Enlarged breasts in men (gynecomastia) Treatment in Nizamabad
Risk factors for gynecomastia are:
- Older age
- Using anabolic or androgenic steroids to improve athletic performance
- Certain health conditions including liver and kidney disease, thyroid disease, hormonally active tumors, and Klinefelter syndrome
There are a few factors you can control to reduce your risk of gynecomastia:
Don’t do drugs. Examples are steroids and androgens, amphetamines, heroin and marijuana.
Avoid alcohol. Don’t drink alcohol. If you drink, do it in moderation.
Check your medication. If you are taking medications known to cause gynecomastia, ask your doctor if there are other options. Enlarged breasts in men (gynecomastia) Treatment in Nizamabad