- A febrile seizure is a seizure in a child caused by a fever. The fever is often due to an infection. Febrile seizures occur in healthy young children who develop normally and have never had neurological symptoms before.
- It can be scary when your child has a fever attack. Fortunately, febrile seizures are usually harmless, last a few minutes, and usually do not indicate a serious health problem.
- You can help by protecting your child during a fever and providing comfort afterward. Call your doctor so that your child can be examined as soon as possible after a fever attack. Febrile seizure treatment in Khammam
Usually, with a febrile seizure, a child will tremble and pass out all over the place. Sometimes the child may become very stiff or have contractions in only one area of the body.
A child with a febrile seizure may:
- Have a fever above 38.0 ° C
- Shake or shake your arms and legs
Usually higher than normal body temperature causes febrile seizures. Even a mild fever can trigger a feverish attack.
- The fevers that cause febrile seizures are usually caused by a viral infection and, less often, a bacterial infection. Influenza virus (influenza) and the virus responsible for roseola, often accompanied by high fever, appear to be most commonly associated with febrile seizures. Febrile seizure treatment in Khammam
Factors that increase your risk of having a fever include:
Young age. Most febrile seizures occur in children between the ages of 6 months and 5 years, with the highest risk between 12 and 18 months.
Family history. Some children inherit the familial tendency to have febrile convulsions. In addition, researchers have linked several genes to susceptibility to febrile seizures.
Most febrile seizures have no lasting effects. Simple febrile seizures do not cause brain damage, intellectual disabilities, or learning disabilities, and do not mean that your child has a more serious underlying medical condition.
Febrile seizures are convulsions and do not indicate epilepsy. Epilepsy is a condition characterized by recurring, unprovoked seizures caused by abnormal electrical signals in the brain. Febrile seizure treatment in Khammam