A broken nose, also called a nasal fracture, is a fracture or tear in a bone in the nose – often the bone on the bridge of the nose.
Contact sports, physical fights, falls, and motor vehicle accidents that result in facial trauma are common. A broken nose can cause pain, swelling and bruising around the nose and under the eyes. Your nose may appear crooked and you may have difficulty breathing.
Treatment for a broken nose may include procedures that realign your nose. Surgery is usually not required for a broken nose. Fractured nose Treatment in Hyderabad
Signs and symptoms of a broken nose:
- Pain or tenderness, especially when you touch your nose
- Swelling of the nose and the surrounding area
- Bruises around the nose or eyes
- Twisted or deformed nose
- Difficulty breathing through the nose
- Mucus discharge from the nose
- Nasal bones and cartilage
- Nasal bone and cartilage positions Open popup dialog
- Common causes of a broken nose are:
- Injuries from contact sports such as soccer or hockey
- Physical confrontations
- Motor vehicle accidents
Any activity that increases your risk of facial injury increases your risk of a broken nose. These activities can include:
- Play contact sports such as soccer and hockey, especially without a helmet with a face shield
- Take part in physical battles
- Lift weights, especially if you are not using a spotter
- Driving in a motor vehicle, especially without a seat belt
Different septumOpen popup dialog box
Complications or injuries from a broken nose can include:
- Deviation of the partition. A broken nose can cause a deviated septum. This condition occurs when the thin wall that separates the two sides of your nose (nasal septum) shifts and narrows your nasal passage. Medications like decongestants and antihistamines can help treat a distracted septum. However, surgery is required to correct the condition.
- Blood collects. Sometimes clotted pools of blood form in a broken nose, creating a condition called a septal hematoma. A septal hematoma can block one or both nostrils. The septal hematoma requires rapid surgical drainage to prevent damage to the cartilage. Fractured nose Treatment in Hyderabad
You can use these guidelines to help prevent a broken nose:
- Wear your seat belt when traveling in a motor vehicle and keep children in age-appropriate child seats.
- When playing hockey, soccer, or other contact sports, wear recommended safety equipment, such as a B. a helmet with face protection. Fractured nose Treatment in Hyderabad