Open Gallbladder Cancer Pop-up Dialog
Gallbladder cancer is an abnormal growth of cells that begins in the gallbladder.
- Your gallbladder is a small, pear-shaped organ on the right side of your abdomen, just below your liver. The gallbladder stores bile, a digestive fluid made by your liver.
- Gallbladder cancer is rare. If gallbladder cancer is detected at an early stage, the chances of a cure are very good. However, most gallbladder cancers are discovered late when the prognosis is often very poor.
- Gallbladder cancer may not be discovered until it is advanced because it often doesn’t produce specific signs or symptoms. In addition, the relatively hidden nature of the gallbladder makes it easier for gallbladder cancer to grow without being detected.Gallbladder cancer Treatment Hyderabad
The signs and symptoms of gallbladder cancer can include:
- Abdominal pain, especially in the upper right part of the abdomen
- Lose weight without trying
- Yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes (jaundice)
Gallbladder, liver and biliary tract
Gallbladder and Bile Duct Open popup dialog
It is not known what causes gallbladder cancer.
- Doctors know that gallbladder cancer occurs when healthy cells in the gallbladder develop changes (mutations) in their DNA. A cell’s DNA contains the instructions that tell a cell what to do. The changes tell the cells to get out of control and go on living while other cells would normally die. The cells that build up form a tumor that can grow beyond the gallbladder and spread to other areas of the body.Gallbladder cancer Treatment Hyderabad
Factors that can increase your risk of gallbladder cancer include:
- Your gender gallbladder cancer is more common in women.
- Your age. Your risk of gallbladder cancer increases as you get older.
- A history of gallstones. Gallbladder cancer is most common in people who have or have had gallstones in the past. Larger gallstones can put you at higher risk. However, gallstones are very common and gallbladder cancer is very rare even in people with the disease.
- Other diseases and conditions of the gallbladder. Polyps, chronic inflammation, and infections are other gallbladder diseases that can increase the risk of gallbladder cancer.Gallbladder cancer Treatment Hyderabad