In a kidney
Kidney Cross Section Open the pop-up dialog box
Glomerulonephritis (gloe-mer-u-low-nuh-FRY-tis) is inflammation of the tiny filters in your kidneys (glomeruli). Glomeruli remove excess fluids, electrolytes, and wastes from your bloodstream and pass them into your urine. Glomerulonephritis can occur suddenly (acute) or gradually (chronic).
Glomerulonephritis occurs alone or as part of another disease such as lupus or diabetes. Severe or persistent inflammation associated with glomerulonephritis can damage your kidneys. Treatment will depend on the type of glomerulonephritis you have. Glomerulonephritis Treatment in Nizamabad
The signs and symptoms of glomerulonephritis depend on whether you have the acute or chronic form and the cause. Your first clue that something is wrong may be due to symptoms or the results of a routine urinalysis.
The signs and symptoms of glomerulonephritis include:
- Pink urine or cola from red blood cells in your urine (hematuria)
- Foamy urine due to excess protein (proteinuria)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Fluid retention (edema) with obvious swelling of the face, hands, feet and stomach
Many diseases can cause glomerulonephritis. Sometimes the disease runs through families and sometimes the cause is unknown.
Conditions that can cause inflammation of the glomeruli in the kidneys include:
- Glomerulonephritis after streptococci. Glomerulonephritis can occur a week or two after a sore throat, or rarely after a healed skin infection (impetigo).
- To fight infection, your body makes extra antibodies that can eventually settle in the glomeruli and cause inflammation.
Children are more likely to develop post-strep glomerulonephritis than adults, and are also more likely to recover.
There may not be any way to prevent most forms of glomerulonephritis. However, here are a few steps that can be beneficial:
- Find a quick treatment for a strep infection with a sore throat or impetigo.
- To prevent infections that can lead to some forms of glomerulonephritis, such as: B. HIV and hepatitis, follow safe sex guidelines and avoid injecting drugs.
- Control high blood pressure, which will reduce the risk of kidney damage from high blood pressure.
- Check your blood sugar to prevent diabetic kidney disease. Glomerulonephritis Treatment in Nizamabad