High blood pressure (hypertension) is a common condition where the long-term force of the blood against the walls of your arteries is high enough to cause potential health problems, such as heart disease.
Blood pressure is determined by both the amount of blood your heart pumps and the degree of resistance to blood flow through your arteries. The more blood your heart pumps and the narrower your arteries, the higher your blood pressure will be. A blood pressure measurement is given in millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). It has two numbers. High blood pressure (hypertension) Treatment in Nizamabad
Higher number (systolic pressure). The first number or higher measures the pressure in your arteries when your heart is beating.
Lower number (diastolic pressure). The second number or less measures the pressure in your arteries between beats.
Most people with high blood pressure have no signs or symptoms, even if their blood pressure levels reach dangerously high levels.
Some people with high blood pressure may have a headache, breathlessness, or nosebleeds. However, these signs and symptoms are not specific and usually do not appear until the high blood pressure has reached a severe stage or is potentially fatal. High blood pressure (hypertension) Treatment in Nizamabad
There are two types of high blood pressure.
- Primary (essential) hypertension
- For most adults, there is no identifiable cause of high blood pressure. This type of high blood pressure, known as primary (essential) hypertension, develops gradually over several years.
High blood pressure has many risk factors, including:
- Age. The risk of high blood pressure increases with age. Men are more likely to have high blood pressure up to around 64 years of age. Women are more likely to develop high blood pressure after 65 years of age.
- Run. High blood pressure is particularly common in people of African descent, who often develop at an earlier age than whites. Serious complications like strokes, heart attacks, and kidney failure are also more common among people of African descent.
- Family history. High blood pressure usually runs in families.
- Be overweight or obese. The more you weigh, the more blood you need to deliver oxygen and nutrients to your tissues. As the amount of blood blown into your blood vessels increases, so does the pressure on the walls of your arteries. High blood pressure (hypertension) Treatment in Nizamabad