Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) is a condition in which your thyroid does not make enough of certain essential hormones.
Hypothyroidism may not cause any visible symptoms in the early stages. Over time, untreated hypothyroidism can cause a number of health problems, such as: B. Obesity, joint pain, infertility, and heart disease.
Accurate thyroid function tests are available to diagnose hypothyroidism. Synthetic thyroid hormone treatment is usually simple, safe, and effective once you and your doctor have found the right dose for you. Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) Treatment in Khammam
- Thyroid gland with larynx and trachea
- Thyroid Open the popup dialog
- The signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism vary depending on the severity of the hormonal deficit. Problems develop slowly, often over several years.
At first, you will hardly notice any symptoms of hypothyroidism such as fatigue and weight gain. Or you can simply attribute it to aging. However, as your metabolism continues to slow down, more obvious problems can arise. Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) Treatment in Khammam
Signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism can include:
- Increased sensitivity to cold
- Dry skin
- Weight gain
- Swollen face
- Muscle weakness
- High blood cholesterol
- Muscle pain, tenderness and stiffness
- Pain, stiffness, or swelling in your joints
- Heavier than normal or irregular periods
- Thinning hair
- Slow heart rate
- Memory failure
- Enlarged thyroid (goiter)
When your thyroid doesn’t produce enough hormones, the balance of chemical reactions in your body can be disturbed. There can be a number of causes, including autoimmune diseases, treatments for hyperthyroidism, radiation therapy, thyroid surgery, and certain medications. Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) Treatment in Khammam
Your thyroid is a small, butterfly-shaped gland that is at the base of your neck, just below the Adam’s apple. The hormones triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4) produced by the thyroid gland have a huge impact on your health and affect all aspects of your metabolism. These hormones also affect the control of vital functions such as body temperature and heart rate.
Hypothyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland doesn’t make enough hormones. Hypothyroidism can be caused by a number of factors, including:
Autoimmune disease. The most common cause of underactive thyroid is an autoimmune disease known as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. Autoimmune diseases occur when your immune system makes antibodies that attack your own tissues. Sometimes this process affects your thyroid.
Scientists don’t know why this happens, but it’s likely a combination of factors like your genes and an environmental trigger. In either case, these antibodies affect the thyroid’s ability to produce hormones. Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) Treatment in Khammam
Although anyone can develop hypothyroidism, you are at increased risk if you:
- Are a woman
- Are over 60 years old
- Have a family history of thyroid disease
- Have an autoimmune disease such as type 1 diabetes or celiac disease
- Have been treated with radioactive iodine or antithyroid drugs
- Received radiation in the neck or upper chest
- Thyroid surgery (partial thyroid removal)
- Have been pregnant or gave birth to a baby in the last six months