Inguinal hernia Open the pop-up dialog box
An inguinal hernia occurs when tissue, such as part of the intestine, protrudes through a weak point in the abdominal muscles. The resulting bulge can be painful, especially if you cough, bend over, or lift a heavy object. Inguinal hernia Treatment in Hyderabad
The signs and symptoms of an inguinal hernia are:
- A bulge in the area on either side of your pubic bone that is more noticeable when you stand, especially if you are coughing or exerting yourself
- A burning sensation or pain in the swelling
- Pain or discomfort in the groin, especially when bending, coughing, or lifting
- A feeling of heaviness or tugging in the groin
- Weakness or pressure in the groin
Some inguinal hernias have no obvious cause. Others can occur as a result of:
- Increased pressure in the abdomen
- An already existing weak point in the abdominal wall
- Stress when defecating or urinating
- Intense activity
Factors that contribute to the development of an inguinal hernia include:
- Be a man. Men are eight times more likely to develop an inguinal hernia than women.
- To be older. The muscles get weaker with age.
- Be white
- Family history. You have a close relative, e. B. a parent or sibling who has the disease.
- Chronic cough like smoking.
Complications of an inguinal hernia are:
- Pressure on the surrounding tissue. Most inguinal hernias will grow in size over time unless surgically repaired. In men, large hernias can extend into the scrotum, causing pain and swelling.
- Caged inguinal hernia. If the contents of the hernia are trapped in the weak point of the abdominal wall, it can clog the intestines, causing severe pain, nausea, vomiting, and the inability to have a bowel movement or gas.
You can’t prevent the birth defect that makes you prone to hernia. However, you can reduce the stress on your abdominal muscles and tissues. For example:
- Maintain a healthy weight. Talk to your doctor about the best exercise and diet program for you.
- Emphasize high fiber foods. Fruits, vegetables, and whole grains contain fiber, which can help prevent constipation and fatigue. Inguinal hernia Treatment in Hyderabad