Lynch syndrome is an inherited disease that increases your risk of colon cancer, endometrial cancer, and many other cancers. Lynch syndrome has always been known as hereditary colon cancer without polyposis (HNPCC).
A number of inherited syndromes can increase your risk of colon cancer or endometrial cancer, but Lynch syndrome is the most common. Doctors estimate that around 3 in 100 colon or endometrial cancers are caused by Lynch syndrome.
Families with Lynch syndrome usually have more cases of colon cancer or endometrial cancer than you might expect. Lynch syndrome also causes cancer at an earlier age than the general population. Lynch syndrome Treatment in Hyderabad
People with Lynch Syndrome can experience:
- Colon cancer that occurs at a younger age, especially before the age of 50
- A family history of colon cancer that occurs at a young age
- A family history of cancer that affects the uterus (endometrial cancer)
- A family history of other related cancers, including ovarian cancer, kidney cancer, stomach cancer, small bowel cancer, liver cancer, sweat gland cancer (sebum), and other cancers
- Lynch syndrome occurs in families following an autosomal dominant inheritance pattern. This means that if one parent carries a genetic mutation for Lynch syndrome, there is a 50% chance that the mutation will be passed on to each child.
- The risk of Lynch syndrome is the same regardless of whether the carrier of the gene mutation is the mother or the father or whether the child is a son or a daughter. Lynch syndrome Treatment in Hyderabad