Male breast cancer is a rare cancer that forms in the breast tissue of men. Although breast cancer is most commonly viewed as a disease that affects women, breast cancer occurs in men.
- Male breast cancer is most common in older men, although it can occur at any age.
- Men diagnosed with early-stage male breast cancer have a good chance of recovery. Treatment usually involves surgery to remove breast tissue. Depending on your specific situation, other treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy may be recommended.Male breast cancer Treatment Hyderabad
The signs and symptoms of breast cancer in men can include:
- A painless lump or thickening of the breast tissue
- Changes in the skin covering your chest such as pits, wrinkles, redness, or peeling
- Changes in your nipple, such as redness or peeling, or a nipple that is starting to turn inward
- Discharge from your nipple.Male breast cancer Treatment Hyderabad
It is not known what causes breast cancer in men.
- Doctors know that human breast cancer occurs when certain breast cells divide faster than healthy cells. The cells that accumulate form a tumor that can spread (metastasize) to nearby tissues, lymph nodes, or other parts of the body.
Factors that increase the risk of breast cancer in men include:
- An older age. The risk of breast cancer increases with age. In men, breast cancer is most commonly diagnosed in men over the age of 60.
- Exposure to estrogen. Taking estrogen-related medicines, such as those used in hormone therapy for prostate cancer, increases your risk of breast cancer.
- Family history of breast cancer. If you have a close family member who has breast cancer, you are more likely to develop the disease.
- Klinefelter Syndrome. This genetic syndrome occurs when boys are born with more than one copy of the X chromosome. Klinefelter syndrome causes the testicles to develop abnormally. As a result, men with this syndrome produce fewer male hormones (androgens) and more female hormones (estrogen).
- Liver disease. Certain conditions, such as cirrhosis of the liver, can reduce male hormones and increase female hormones, increasing the risk of breast cancer.Male breast cancer Treatment Hyderabad