If you have a mold allergy, your immune system overreacts when you inhale mold spores. A mold allergy can lead to a cough, itchy eyes, and other symptoms that make you unhappy. In some people, mold allergy is linked to asthma and exposure leads to breathing disorders and other respiratory symptoms.
If you have a mold allergy, your best defense is to reduce your exposure to the types of mold that are causing your reaction. Medications can help control allergic reactions to mold. Mold allergy Treatment in Nizamabad
Mold allergies cause the same signs and symptoms as other types of upper respiratory allergies.
The signs and symptoms of allergic rhinitis caused by a mold allergy can include:
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Cough and post nasal drops
- Itchy eyes, nose and throat
- Dry, flaky skin
As with any allergy, mold allergy symptoms are triggered by an overly sensitive reaction by the immune system. When you inhale tiny mold spores in the air, your body recognizes them as foreign invaders and develops allergenic antibodies to fight them off.
Once the exposure is over, you will still produce antibodies that “remember” that intruder. Any subsequent contact with the mold leads to a reaction in your immune system. This reaction triggers the release of substances like histamine, which cause itching, watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing, and other symptoms of a mold allergy.
Molds are very common both indoors and outdoors. There are many types, but only certain types of mold cause allergies. An allergy to one type of mold does not necessarily mean that you are allergic to any other mold. Some of the most common molds that cause allergies are early rot, Aspergillus, Cladosporium, and Penicillium. Mold allergy Treatment in Nizamabad
There are a number of factors that can make you more likely to develop a mold allergy or make your existing mold allergy symptoms worse, including:
Have a family history of allergies. If allergies and asthma are common in your family, the more likely you will develop a mold allergy.
Work in an industry that exposes you to mold. Occupations where mold exposure can be high include agriculture, dairy labor, forestry, baking, carpentry, carpentry, greenhouses, winemaking, and furniture repairing.
Live in a house with high humidity. If your indoor humidity is above 50 percent, you may be exposed to increased mold exposure in your home.
Mold can grow just about anywhere if the right conditions are right – in basements, behind walls in frames, on soap mortar and other damp surfaces, in carpets and in the carpet itself. Exposure to high levels of mold in the home can trigger symptoms of mold allergy.
Work or live in a building that is exposed to excessive humidity. Examples are leaky pipes, water seepage when it rains and flood damage. At some point, almost all buildings will have excessive moisture. This moisture can allow mold to thrive.
Keep the following tips in mind to reduce mold growth in your home:
- Eliminate sources of moisture in basements such as leaky pipes or groundwater seepage.
- Use a dehumidifier in any area of your home that smells musty or damp. Keep your humidity below 50 percent. Remember to clean the collection container and condensation coils regularly.
- Use air conditioning and consider installing central air conditioning with a high efficiency particulate filter (HEPA). The HEPA filter can trap mold spores from the outside air before they circulate around your home.
- Change the filters on your stove and air conditioners regularly. Have the compressed air heating ducts checked and cleaned if necessary.
- Make sure all bathrooms are properly ventilated and run the fan during and immediately after a shower or bath to dry the air. Mold allergy Treatment in Nizamabad