Narcissistic personality disorder – one of the many types of personality disorders – is a mental state in which people have an exaggerated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, dysfunctional relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme trust hides a fragile self-esteem that is prone to the slightest criticism. Narcissistic personality disorder Treatment in Khammam
Narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as: B. Relationships, work, school, or financial matters. People with Narcissistic Personality Disorder can generally feel unhappy and disappointed unless they receive the special favor or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unsatisfactory and others may not like being with them.
Treatment for narcissistic personality disorder focuses on talk therapy (psychotherapy).
The signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:
- Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
- Have a sense of legitimacy and demand constant and excessive admiration
- Expect to be recognized as superior even without the accomplishments to justify it
- Exaggerate accomplishments and talents
- To be preoccupied with fantasies about success, potency, glamor, beauty or the perfect partner
- Believe that they are superior and can only be associated with equally special people
- Monopolize conversations and humiliate or despise people who consider you inferior
- Expect special favors and unconditional respect for their expectations
- Use others to get what they want
- Inability or reluctance to recognize the needs and feelings of others
- Be jealous of others and believe that others will envy them
It is not known what causes narcissistic personality disorder. As with personality development and other mental disorders, the cause of narcissistic personality disorder is likely to be complex.
Narcissistic personality disorder can be linked to:
- Environment – Deficiencies in parent-child relationships with excessive worship or criticism that are unsuitable for the child’s experience
- Genetics – inherited traits
- Neurobiology – the connection between the brain and behavior and thinking. Narcissistic personality disorder Treatment in Khammam
Narcissistic personality disorder affects men more than women and often begins in adolescence or early adulthood. Keep in mind that some children may have characteristics of narcissism, but this is only typical of their age and does not mean that they will continue to develop narcissistic personality disorder.
While the cause of Narcissistic Personality Disorder is unknown, some researchers believe that overcautious or negligent parenting styles can have an impact in biologically vulnerable children. Genetics and neurobiology can also play a role in developing a narcissistic personality disorder. Narcissistic personality disorder Treatment in Khammam