Nasal and paranasal tumors are abnormal growths that begin in and around the nasal passage (nasal cavity). Nasal tumors start in the nasal cavity. Paranasal tumors begin in air-filled chambers around the nose called the sinuses.
Nasal and paranasal tumors cannot be cancerous (benign) or cancerous (malignant). There are different types of nasal and paranasal tumors. The type of tumor you have will help determine the best treatment for you. Nasal and paranasal tumors Treatment in Hyderabad
Signs and symptoms of nasal and paranasal tumors can include:
- Difficulty breathing through the nose
- Loss of smell
- Bleeding nose
- Discharge from the nose
- Swelling or pain in the face
- A wound or lesion on the roof of your mouth
- Vision problems
- A lump in the neck
Nasal and paranasal tumors occur when a genetic mutation turns normal, healthy cells into abnormal cells. Healthy cells grow and multiply at a set rate and eventually die. The abnormal cells grow and multiply uncontrollably and do not die. The abnormal cells that accumulate form a lump (tumor).
When the abnormal cells become cancerous, they can invade nearby tissue and separate from an initial tumor to spread (metastasize) to other parts of the body. Nasal and paranasal tumors Treatment in Hyderabad
Factors that can increase your risk of developing nasal and paranasal tumors include:
- Smoke and hang out with people who smoke
- Inhale air pollution
- Long-term exposure to chemicals and irritants in the workplace air such as wood dust, glue, alcohol and formaldehyde fumes, and dust from flour, chrome and nickel
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection, a common sexually transmitted infection
To reduce the risk of nasal and paranasal tumors, you can:
- Stop smoking. If you don’t smoke, don’t start. If you smoke and want to quit, talk to your doctor about strategies that may help, such as: B. Advice and medication.
- Protect yourself at work. Follow the safety rules for your workplace to protect yourself from harmful fumes and irritants in the air, such as: B. in front of a face shield. Nasal and paranasal tumors Treatment in Hyderabad