- Neurodermatitis Open the popup dialog
- Neurodermatitis treatment NizamabadAtopic dermatitis is a skin condition that begins with an itchy patch of skin. Scratching makes it even more irritating. This itch-scratch cycle causes the affected skin to become thick and leathery. You can develop multiple itchy spots, usually on the neck, wrists, forearms, legs, or around the anal area.
Atopic dermatitis – also known as lichen simplex chronicus – is not fatal or contagious. But the itching can be so severe or recurring that it disrupts your sleep, sexual function, and quality of life.
The signs and symptoms of eczema include:
- An itchy patch or patch on the skin
- Leathery or flaky texture on the affected areas
- A raised, rough patch, or spots that are red or darker than the rest of your skin
- The condition affects areas that can be reached for scratching – the head, neck, wrists, forearms, ankles, vulva, scrotum, or anus. The itching, which can be intense, can come and go or be non-stop. Neurodermatitis treatment Nizamabad
The cause of atopic dermatitis is unknown. The prolonged rubbing and scratching that characterizes the condition can start with something that simply irritates the skin, such as: B. tight clothing or an insect bite. If you rub or scratch the area, it will become more itchy. The more you scratch, the more it itches.
In some cases, atopic dermatitis is associated with chronic skin conditions such as dry skin, eczema, or psoriasis. Stress and anxiety can also make it itchy.
Several factors can affect your risk for atopic dermatitis, including:
- Your gender and age. Women are more likely to develop neurodermatitis than men. The disease most commonly occurs between the ages of 30 and 50 years.
- Other skin conditions. People with a personal or family history of dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, or similar skin conditions are more likely to develop atopic dermatitis.
- Anxiety disorders. Anxiety and stress can trigger eczema itching. Neurodermatitis treatment Nizamabad
Prolonged scratching can lead to a sore, bacterial skin infection, or permanent scars and changes in skin color. Atopic dermatitis itching can affect your sleep, sexual function, and quality of life.