What is Otoplasty Surgery?
Otoplasty — also known as cosmetic ear surgery — is a procedure to change the shape, position or size of the ears.
What is Otoplasty Cost?
The average Otoplasty Surgery cost in Tirumala of is 15,000/- to 85,000/- (Pay in Monthly or Credit Card) according to 2020 statistics from the India Society of Plastic Surgeons. Otoplasty costs can widely vary. The average fee referenced above is only part of the total cost – it does not include anesthesia, operating room facilities or other related expenses.
Benefits of Otoplasty
Benefits of Otoplasty Surgery
1.The size and shape of the Otoplasty correspond to the rest of the face
2.Nice Face with a Nice Otoplasty
3.Nice Structured Otoplasty
100% Happy Patients
100% 24×7 ICU
How long does Otoplasty Surgery Take?
The Otoplasty operation can take about 1 to 8 hours, depending on the complexity of the operation. Recovery lasts up to 4 weeks after 1 to 3 days at the clinic after surgery.
- 1-2 hour surgery
- 4-5 hour post-surgery recovery in the hospital
- Discharge by the end of day
- Full Recovery within 30 days
- Rhinoplasty Treatment Cost
- We will advise you the cost after
- MS (Gen Surgery), M.Ch (Plastic Surgery)
- (NIMS) Consultant Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Department Of Plastic & Reconstruction Surgery Plastic Surgeon,
✅21 Years Experience Otoplasty Surgery cost in Tirumala
- Dr. Amar G.Raghu Narayan (21 Years Experience) has done his under graduation in S.V.Medical College and Past Graduation In M.S.Genaral Surgery In Kurnool Medical College.
- He received plastic surgery training (M.Ch) under Dr. Mukunda Reddy at Nizams Institute Of Medical Sciences (NIMS) and secured the best rank. Following this extensive training in plastic surgery
- he had visited best institutes in india and abroad and had the opportunity to work with seniors and eminents in plastic and cosmetic surgery
- he is into best practice and is an expert in cosmetic, image enhancement and corrective surgeries like Varicose, Liposuction, Gynecomastia, Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift, Rhinoplasty and many more. It was only natural that after well wersed in Endoscopic Surgery since 2000, his level of comfort now makes him an expert in endoscopic cosmetic surgery.
- Dr. Amar G. Raghu Narayan also has several scientific presentations and publications to his credit. MS (Gen Surgery), M.Ch (Plastic Surgery) (NIMS) Consultant Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Department Of Plastic & Reconstruction Surgery Plastic Surgeon
Otoplasty Recovery: What to Expect After Ear Pinning Surgery
- Otoplasty (ear pinning surgery) can have a significant, positive impact on a child’s or adult’s self-esteem. Children are often teased about their protruding ears, and adults can garner a negative self-image resulting from their prominent ears. Otoplasty is a cosmetic ear re-shaping procedure which can be performed on patients of any age after four. This procedure corrects these problems and can change one’s life for the better.
- During otoplasty, the surgeon can resculpt the protruding ear cartilage to create a natural-looking ear. After the procedure is complete, what can the otoplasty patient, whether a child or adult, expect in terms of recovery?
- Once the procedure is finished, patients wear a light compression ear bandage, which resembles a turban. This is wrapped around the head to protect the newly-shaped ears. One day after the surgery, the surgeon removes the bandage so he or she can view the incisions and healing process. This bandage is then reapplied for another two days. This will depend upon the surgeon’s preference and is based upon what was done during the surgery to correct the ear shape.
- After the dressing is removed, you will need to wear a protective dressing over the ears. This protective dressing is usually in the form of a head band. Men tend to wear a sports head band, and women often wear hair bands that can be stylish as well.
- The goal of wearing the head band during the otoplasty recovery phase is to maintain the ear’s new position during the healing phase. In addition, the dressing will help protect your ear and prevent any trauma that can damage the results. Wearing this head band is essential to the recovery phase and will help maintain a permanent result from your otoplasty surgery.
- The head band is worn around the clock for the first 2 weeks after the bandages are removed. Over the next 6 weeks, the protective head band must be worn at night and during periods of physical activity. The purpose of this is to prevent any inadvertent trauma to the ear which can compromise healing. This protects the shape of the ears and allows them to heal in the most effective manner. Otoplasty Surgery cost in Tirumala
- Most patients go home comfortably after the otoplasty procedure. Some patients experience a dull throbbing of the ears for a few days after surgery, which can be relieved with a prescription mild pain medication.
- The majority of patients return to a normal routine within only one week. During that week, they should avoid vigorous physical activity. Children who undergo otoplasty are restricted in gym class and sports for two weeks following the procedure. After these 2 weeks, they must wear a protective head band at night and when participating in the activities for the next 6 weeks.
- It’s important for all otoplasty patients to avoid aggressive manipulation or trauma to the ear for at least six weeks after surgery. Also, they should avoid activities that place the ear in jeopardy. It will take time for all of the ear sensation to return. It is also important to avoid extreme weather conditions and avoid holding hot-air blow dryers too close to the ear.
Awards Best Cosmetic & Plastic Reconstruction Surgery
Otoplasty Treatment – What You Need to Know
How long does otoplasty surgery take?
Otoplasty ProcedureCosmetic ear surgery typically takes one to two hours. For adults it can be performed under local or general anesthesia on an outpatient basis. However, earlobe repair can generally be performed under local anesthesia and may take less time than a full otoplasty procedure.
Is otoplasty a safe procedure?
Generally, ear correction surgery is safe and most people are happy with the results. However there are risks to consider, and it may be expensive. Pinning back the ears is known as an otoplasty or pinnaplasty. It’s usually done on children and young teenagers, although adults can also have it done.
sai chand Sukhavasi
★★★★★ 2 days agoI don’t know about all but I can say that this is best to treat a patient like a relation. Means trusted Rhinoplasty nose surgery treatment
★★★★★ 2 days agoDone nose surgery with good results. thank you, Dr. Amar.
★★★★★ 8 days agoRhinoplasty surgery with good looking its looks great and im happy to say its a best cosmetic surgery
★★★★★ 3 days agoi done nose surgery it was good result and thank full.
★★★★★ 5 days ago
best Cosmetic surgeon, well experienced Doctor.
★★★★★ 7 days ago
I would highly recommend everyone to choose this clinic who are in need. The clinic is so nice and u feel it like a home.
FAQ’S About Otoplasty
Otoplasty – Correcting Your Kid’s Ears With the Procedure
- Otoplasty is a relatively simple and straightforward plastic surgery designed to correct ear deformities. A large percentage of the population has irregularly shaped ears. Some simply stick out too much, while others can be seriously disfiguring and cause to social problems. Severe causes can interfere with hearing.
- Doctors say that you should have an otoplasty operation done as early as possible. Getting it done at a young age guarantees better results. But, how young is too young?
- Ear Correction Treatment For Babies
- It’s impossible to do surgery on babies, but there are other options available. Molds and splints can be used to “pin back” the ear. These consist of splints and tape. The treatment is painless and your baby won’t even know it’s there. Young babies don’t move around much when they sleep, so there’s little risk of the splints coming off. This method is non-surgical, risk free and effective in correcting deformities.
- This technique is best used with newborns. As soon as the birth coating is off, treatment can begin. It’s tricky sometimes to see deformities in a newborn’s ear, but often a trained physician can see them. The tape and splint “pin back” treatment can be used with babies up to six months. After that, the cartilage becomes too hard and otoplasty is needed.
- Otoplasty For Small Children
- It’s possible for surgery to be done on any age from six months up, but it’s best to wait until the ears are fully formed. Even after the cartilage begins to harden at six months, it still takes time before the ears are fully formed. Performing otoplasty before they are fully developed is ineffective because the ears are still growing.
- Plastic surgeons usually recommend performing the procedure before the kids are interacting with other kids at school. However, it’s best to wait until they’re old enough to understand what’s going on. For a child that doesn’t understand, the surgery can be traumatic. It’s also a big help if they understand that, in the months following the operation, they’ll have to take special care of their ear.
Is Otoplasty Right For You?
- One of the fastest growing cosmetic surgery procedures in the UK is otoplasty, as more people are realising there’s an effective way to change the appearance of protruding ears. What does otoplasty entail, and is it a cosmetic surgery procedure that’s right for you?
- Otoplasty changes the appearance of a person’s external ears, and can take various forms such as reducing the size of big ears or re-shaping cartilage. However, one form of otoplasty focuses entirely on bringing the ears closer to the head – a procedure also known as ear pinning. Many people are embarrassed, uncomfortable, or distressed by way their ears protrude, much of the time trying to hide their ears with long hair or by wearing hats. However, ear pinning can quickly and easily remedy the condition of protruding ears, helping people gain their self confidence back.
- The actual procedure of otoplasty varies from patient to patient. However, otoplasty procedures can be conducted under either local anaesthetic – where the patient is awake – or under general anaesthetic – where the patient is asleep. Procedures can take anywhere from an hour to a few hours, depending on the patient’s individual surgery requirements, and healing time after an otoplasty varies based on the procedure and the patient. However, the patient is almost always able to go home directly following the procedure. All cosmetic surgeons will schedule a follow up appointment with otoplasty patients, to ensure the cosmetic surgery procedure and healing process have gone as planned.
- Think otoplasty might be for you? The best way to find out is by arranging a consultation with a trusted cosmetic surgeon. A specialist can discuss your aesthetic goals alongside your body’s unique capability to handle a procedure like ear pinning to ultimately come to a conclusion as to whether the procedure is right for you. A cosmetic surgeon can also give you the best idea of how an ear pinning procedure will look on you.
Ear Surgery (Otoplasty) – Plastic Surgery
If you feel that your ears are a bit too conspicuous, maybe you could do with help from plastic surgery; to be more specific, from otoplasty or ear surgery. One of the best things about otoplasty is that it is safer when compared to many other plastic surgery methods.
Works for Both Children and Adults
Children with big or protruding ears are often victims of teasing at school. If your child experiences the same problem; correcting the problem through otoplasty may be a wise decision so that he/she doesn’t have to endure psychological trauma. Otoplasty operations are mostly performed on children aged between 4 and 14 years. However, it is not uncommon for adults to undergo the procedure.
Where It Helps
If an easily noticeable ear deformity has weakened your self-esteem, otoplasty could be the way to strengthen it again.
Ear surgery can correct or improve:
o Large ears
o Drooping ears
o Protruding ears
o Torn earlobes
o An outer ear that’s not fully developed (microtia)
o Cupped ear
o Shell ear
A Deeper Look into Otoplasty
A common way of doing otoplasty is to make a little incision at the rear side of the ear, in the fold where it joins the head. In so doing, the ear cartilage is exposed. Following the making of the incision, cartilage or skin may be removed, or the cartilage would be reduced and reshaped. So, if the ears extend out considerably from the head, they can be pinned back and if they are big, they can be brought down to the right size. Using permanent stitches, the cartilage is fixed in its new place. The surgery usually causes faint scarring but this would lighten with time.
Getting Cosmetic Ear Surgery (Otoplasty)
- The term otoplasty refers to any surgical or non-surgical procedure performed to alter the shape, appearance, or size of the external ear.
- An otoplasty can treat overly large ears or ears that are overly prominent, sticking out on one or both sides.
- This procedure is frequently done on children where a defect in the exterior ear structure is seen to be present from birth or becomes apparent as the child grows.
- The procedure is also performed on adults who have decided it’s time to correct ears that have been misshapen since birth or from accident or injury.
- The cosmetic problems otoplasty is used to correct are:
- Ears that stick out too far from the head
- Ears that are too large in proportion to the head and other facial features
- Abnormally shaped ears
- Ears that have been disfigured by accident or injury
- An otoplasty is typically done on both ears in order to optimize symmetry. It can be done any time after the ears have reached their full size, usually after the individual has reached the age of 5.
- The surgery, performed on both ears, is done on an out-patient basis and takes approximately 2 to 4 hours. It’s usually done under local anesthetic, sometime general, depending on the situation and the age and maturity of the patient.
- For protruding ears, the cartilage is reshaped to the desired look and repositioned closer to the head with stitches placed behind the ear.
- In the case of ears that need to be reduced in size, the plastic surgeon will make an incision in the outside surface of the ear where she will remove excess skin and cartilage. The incisions are closed with either dissolvable sutures or ones that will be removed by a doctor after the wounds have healed.
- Results of an otoplasty are permanent and can be seen as soon as healing is complete.
- Otoplasty does not change the location of the ears, nor does it alter the ability to hear.
Recovery and Healing Time
- Your plastic surgeon will provide you with complete post-operative instructions and you will be asked to return to the office within a few days of your surgery to have your ears checked and the dressing changed.
- After otoplasty surgery, the ears and portions of the head are covered with bulky dressings. You will need to keep the dressing clean and dry. This protection helps maintain the new position of the ears and aids the healing process. A wide elastic band is worn over the ears at night to prevent them from bending during sleep. For both adults and children, ears should not be bent for at least a month or more.
- For the first several days after surgery the patient should maintain head elevation as much as possible. He or she should sleep propped up on pillows. This will help reduce the swelling caused by the ear surgery.
- Mild swelling may persist for many weeks in some patients. Bruising typically disappears within 7 to 10 days and stitches are usually removed within a week.
- The amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals. Usually, the patient will be able to return to work (or school) in 7 to 10 days following surgery, and can get back to sports, exercise, and the gym in 4 to 6 weeks.
Risks Connected with Otoplasty
As with any other type of major surgery, otoplasty poses the risk of infection, bleeding and an adverse reaction to anesthesia.
Other risks that pertain specifically to otoplasty are:
Changes to the skin sensation on the area of the ear (this is usually temporary)
Hospital offers Multispeciality treatment and facilities on par with the best available globally. From a 24-hour ambulance service, pharmacy and diagnostic centre, to specialised services and more.
✅WHY CHOOSE US
21+ Years of Experience
3500+ Rhinoplasty in
900+ Facial cases
Top rated cosmetic surgery centre
Board certified plastic surgeons
Full Body Liposuction (One Sitting )