Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) has a variety of signs and symptoms, including mood swings, tender breasts, food cravings, fatigue, irritability, and depression. It is estimated that up to 3 in 4 menstruating women have had some form of PMS.
Symptoms usually occur in a predictable pattern. The physical and emotional changes you experience with PMS can range from mildly noticeable to intense. Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) Treatment in Nizamabad
However, you don’t have to let these problems control your life. Treatments and lifestyle adjustments can help reduce or manage the signs and symptoms of PMS.
The list of possible signs and symptoms of PMS is long, but most women experience only a few of these problems.
- Emotional and behavioral signs and symptoms
- Tension or fear
- Depressed mood
- Cry magic
- Mood swings and irritability or anger
- Changes in appetite and food cravings
- Difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
- Social withdrawal
- Bad concentration
- Change in libido
It’s not known exactly what causes PMS, but several factors can contribute to the condition:
- Cyclical changes in hormones. The signs and symptoms of PMS change with hormonal fluctuations and go away with pregnancy and menopause. Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) Treatment in Nizamabad
- Chemical changes in the brain. Fluctuations in serotonin, a brain chemical (neurotransmitter) that plays a crucial role in mood states, can trigger symptoms of PMS. Insufficient amounts of serotonin can lead to premenstrual depression as well as fatigue, food cravings and insomnia.
- Depression. Some women with severe PMS have undiagnosed depression, although depression alone does not cause all symptoms.