Thigh muscle tumor
Soft tissue sarcoma Open the popup dialog
Soft tissue sarcoma is a rare type of cancer that begins in the tissues that connect, support, and surround other structures in the body. This includes muscles, fat, blood vessels, nerves, tendons, and the lining of your joints.
Soft tissue sarcoma must not initially cause any signs or symptoms. As the tumor grows, it can cause:
- A noticeable lump or swelling
- Pain when a tumor puts pressure on nerves or muscles
In most cases, it is not known what causes soft tissue sarcoma.
Cancer usually occurs when cells make mistakes (mutations) in their DNA. Failures cause cells to grow and divide uncontrollably. The abnormal cells that accumulate form a tumor that can grow to invade nearby structures, and the abnormal cells can spread to other parts of the body.
The type of cell that develops the genetic mutation will determine the type of soft tissue sarcoma you have. For example, angiosarcoma begins in the lining of blood vessels, while liposarcoma begins in fat cells. Soft tissue sarcoma Treatment in warangal
Some types of soft tissue sarcoma include:
- Protuberans dermatofibrosarcoma
- Epithelial sarcoma
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST)
- Kaposi’s sarcoma
- Malignant tumor of the peripheral nerve sheath
Some of the factors that can increase your risk of sarcoma include:
- Hereditary Syndromes. The risk of soft tissue sarcoma can be inherited from your parents. Genetic syndromes that increase your risk include hereditary retinoblastoma, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, familial adenomatous polyposis, neurofibromatosis, tuberous sclerosis, and Werner syndrome.
- Exposure to chemicals. Exposure to certain chemicals like herbicides, arsenic, and dioxin can increase the risk of soft tissue sarcoma.
- Radiation exposure.warangal Previous radiation therapy for other cancers can increase the risk of soft tissue sarcoma. Soft tissue sarcoma Treatment in warangal