- Stomach, pyloric valve, and upper part of the small intestine (duodenum)
- Gastric and pyloric valves Open popup dialog
- Stomach polyps – also called stomach polyps – are masses of cells that form on the lining of the stomach. These polyps are rare and usually don’t cause any signs or symptoms. Stomach polyps treatment in Nizamabad
Stomach polyps are most common when your doctor examines you for another reason.
Stomach polyps usually don’t cause any signs or symptoms.However, as the gastric polyp gets larger, open sores (ulcers) may develop on its surface. In rare cases, the polyp can block the opening between your stomach and your small intestine.
Signs and symptoms are:
- Pain or tenderness when pressing on your stomach
- Blood in your stool
- Stomach polyps form in response to damage to the lining of the stomach. The most common causes of gastric polyps are
- Chronic inflammation of the stomach. This condition, also known as gastritis, can lead to the formation of hyperplastic polyps and adenomas. Hyperplastic polyps are unlikely to become cancerous, although those larger than 1 cm are at greater risk.
- Adenomas are the least common type of gastric polyps, but the most likely to become cancerous. Because of this, they are usually deleted.
- Familial adenomatous polyposis. This rare inherited syndrome causes certain cells in the lining of the stomach to form a type of polyp called the polyps of the fundic gland. In connection with this syndrome, polyps of the fundic gland are removed as they can become cancerous. Familial adenomatous polyposis can also cause adenomas Stomach polyps treatment in Nizamabad.
Factors that increase your chances of developing gastric polyps include:
Age. Stomach polyps are more common in people of middle to late adulthood.
Bacterial infection of the stomach. The bacterium Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a common cause of gastritis that contributes to hyperplastic polyps and adenomas.
Familial adenomatous polyposis. This rare inherited syndrome increases your risk of colon cancer and other conditions, including gastric polyps. Stomach polyps treatment in Nizamabad