Burning mouth syndrome is the medical name for a continuous (chronic) or recurring burn in the mouth without an obvious cause. This discomfort can affect your tongue, gums, lips, the inside of your cheeks, the roof of your mouth (roof of your mouth), or large areas of your entire mouth. The burning sensation can be severe, like scalding your mouth.
Burning mouth syndrome usually comes on suddenly, but it can develop gradually over time. Unfortunately, the specific cause often cannot be determined. While this makes treatment difficult, working closely with your health team can help alleviate symptoms. Stomatodynia treatment in Nizamabad
Symptoms of burning mouth syndrome can include:
- A stinging or stinging sensation, most commonly affecting your tongue, but can also affect your lips, gums, roof of your mouth, throat, or your entire mouth
- A dry mouth feeling with increased thirst
- Changes in taste in the mouth, such as B. a bitter or metallic taste
- Loss of taste
- Tingling, tingling, or numbness in the mouth
The cause of burning mouth syndrome can be classified as primary or secondary.
- Primary burning mouth syndrome
- If clinical or laboratory abnormalities cannot be identified, the condition is referred to as primary or idiopathic burning mouth syndrome. Some research suggests that primary burning mouth syndrome is related to taste problems and sensory nerves in the peripheral or central nervous system. Stomatodynia treatment in Nizamabad
Burning mouth syndrome is rare. However, your risk may be higher if:
You’re a woman
You are in perimenopause or post menopause
You are over 50 Stomatodynia treatment in Nizamabad