A tension headache is usually a diffuse, mild to moderate headache that is often described as a feeling of tension around the head. A tension headache (tension headache) is the most common type of headache, but the causes are not exactly known.
Treatments for tension headaches are available. Treating tension headaches is often a balance between promoting healthy habits, finding effective non-drug treatments, and using medication appropriately. Tension headache Treatment in Nizamabad
The signs and symptoms of tension headaches include:
- Dull pain in the head
- Feeling of tightness or pressure on your forehead or the sides and back of your head
- Tenderness of the muscles of the scalp, neck and shoulders
The cause of tension headaches is unknown. Experts used to think that tension headaches were caused by muscle contractions in the face, neck, and scalp, possibly as a result of heightened emotions, tension, or stress. However, research suggests that muscle contractions are not the cause.
The most common theory supports increased sensitivity to pain in people with tension headaches. Increased muscle sensitivity, a common symptom of tension headaches, may be due to a sensitized pain system.
- In addition to regular exercise, techniques like biofeedback training and relaxation therapy can help reduce stress.
- Biofeedback training. This technique teaches you to control certain physical responses that will help relieve pain.
- During a biofeedback session, you are connected to devices that monitor you and provide information about body functions such as muscle tension, heart rate and blood pressure. You will then learn to release muscle tension and slow your heart rate and breathing.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy. This type of talk therapy can help you manage stress and reduce the frequency and severity of your headaches.
- Other relaxation techniques. Anything that helps you relax, including deep breathing, yoga, meditation, and progressive muscle relaxation, can relieve your headaches.
- You can learn relaxation techniques in class or at home using books or tapes.