Toxic hepatitis Treatment in Hyderabad



Mild forms of toxic hepatitis may not cause symptoms and can only be detected by blood tests. When signs and symptoms of toxic hepatitis appear, they can include:

The reasons

Toxic hepatitis occurs when your liver develops inflammation from exposure to a toxic substance. Toxic hepatitis can also develop if you take too many prescription or nonprescription drugs.

The liver normally eliminates and breaks down most of the drugs and chemicals from your bloodstream. The breakdown of toxins creates by-products that can damage the liver. Although the liver has a great ability to regenerate, constant exposure to toxic substances can cause serious damage, sometimes irreversible. Toxic hepatitis Treatment in Nizamabad

Toxic hepatitis can be caused by:

Alcohol. Excessive alcohol consumption for many years can lead to alcoholic hepatitis – an inflammation of the liver from alcohol that can lead to liver failure.
Over-the-counter pain relievers. Over-the-counter pain relievers like acetaminophen (Tylenol, others), aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others), and naproxen (Aleve, others) can damage your liver, especially if they are taken frequently or in combination with alcohol.
Prescription drugs. Some medicines that have been associated with severe liver damage include statins used to treat high cholesterol, amoxicillin clavulanate (Augmentin), phenytoin (Dilantin, Phenytek), azathioprine (Azasan, Imuran), niacin (Niaspan), ketoconazole, and certain antivirals anabolic steroids. There are many more.

Risk factors

Factors that can increase your risk of toxic hepatitis include:

Take over-the-counter pain relievers or certain prescription drugs. Taking an over-the-counter medication or pain reliever that is at risk of causing liver damage increases the risk of toxic hepatitis. This is especially true if you are taking multiple medications or if you are taking more than the recommended dose of medication.
Have liver disease. If you have severe liver disease such as cirrhosis or non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, you are much more susceptible to the effects of toxins.
Have hepatitis. Chronic infection with a hepatitis virus (hepatitis B, hepatitis C, or one of the other hepatitis viruses – extremely rare – which can persist in the body) makes your liver more vulnerable.
Aging. As you age, your liver breaks down harmful substances more slowly. This means that toxins and their by-products will stay in your body longer.
Drink alcohol. Drinking alcohol while taking medications or certain herbal supplements increases the risk of toxicity.


Because it is not known how you will react to a particular drug, toxic hepatitis cannot always be prevented. However, you can lower your risk of liver problems if you:

Limit your medication. Only take prescription and over-the-counter medications when clearly needed. Look for non-drug options for common problems like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and arthritis pain.
Only take your medication as directed. Follow the directions carefully for any medication you take. Do not take more than the recommended amount, even if your symptoms do not seem to improve. Since over-the-counter pain relievers sometimes wear off quickly, it is easy to take too much.
Be careful with herbsToxic hepatitis Treatment in Nizamabad

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *