Urinary incontinence – the loss of bladder control – is a common and often embarrassing problem. The severity ranges from the occasional urine leak when coughing or sneezing to the urge to urinate so suddenly and strongly that you don’t go to the bathroom in time. Urinary incontinence Treatment in Nizamabad
Many people suffer from occasional and minor urine leakage. Others may lose small to moderate amounts of urine more often.
Types of urinary incontinence include:
Stress incontinence. Urine comes out when you put pressure on your bladder while coughing, sneezing, laughing, exercising, or lifting something heavy.
Urge incontinence. You have a sudden and intense need to urinate, followed by an involuntary loss of urine. You may need to urinate frequently, including overnight. Urge incontinence can be caused by a minor condition such as an infection or a more serious condition such as a neurological disorder or diabetes. Urinary incontinence Treatment in Nizamabad
Overflow incontinence. You have frequent or constant drops of urine due to an incompletely emptied bladder.
- Anatomy of the female urinary system
- Female Urinary System Open popup dialog Male Urinary System Anatomy
- Open Male Urinary System Pop-up Dialog
- Urinary incontinence can be caused by everyday habits, underlying diseases, or physical problems. A thorough evaluation by your doctor can help determine what’s behind your incontinence.
Temporary urinary incontinence
Certain drinks, foods, and medications can act as water pills – they stimulate your bladder and increase your urine volume. They include:
- Soft drinks and mineral water
- Artificial sweeteners
Factors that increase your risk of urinary incontinence include:
Sex. Women are more likely to suffer from stress incontinence. Pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, and normal female anatomy explain this difference. However, men with prostate problems are at increased risk of urge and overflow incontinence.
Age. As you get older, the muscles in your bladder and urethra lose some strength. Changes with age decrease the capacity of your bladder and increase the likelihood of accidental urine leakage.
To be overweight. Extra weight puts more pressure on your bladder and surrounding muscles, weakening them, and allowing urine to escape when you cough or sneeze.
Complications of chronic urinary incontinence are:
- Skin problems. Rashes, skin infections, and sores can develop from constantly damp skin.
- Urinary tract infection. Incontinence increases the risk of recurring urinary tract infections.
- Impact on your personal life. Urinary incontinence can affect your social, professional, and personal relationships. Urinary incontinence Treatment in Nizamabad
Urinary incontinence is not always avoidable. To reduce your risk:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Practice pelvic floor exercises
- Avoid bladder irritants like caffeine, alcohol, and acidic foods. Urinary incontinence Treatment in Nizamabad
- Eat more fiber, which can prevent constipation, a cause of urinary incontinence
- Do not smoke or get help if you smoke