Vasculitis causes blood vessels to become inflamed. Inflammation can cause the walls of the blood vessels to thicken and narrow the width of the passage through the vessel. If the blood flow is restricted, it can lead to organ and tissue damage.
There are many types of vasculitis and most of them are rare. Vasculitis can affect one or more organs. The condition can be short term or long term. Vasculitis Treatment in Hyderabad
The general signs and symptoms of most types of vasculitis include:
- a headache
- Weight loss
- General pain
The exact cause of vasculitis is not fully understood. Some types are related to a person’s genome. Others are the result of the immune system’s mistaken attack on blood vessel cells.
Possible triggers for this immune system reaction are:
- Infections such as hepatitis B and hepatitis C.
- blood cancer
- Immune system disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and scleroderma
- Reactions to certain drugs
Vasculitis can happen to anyone. Factors that can increase the risk of certain disorders include:
- Age. Giant cell arteritis rarely occurs before age 50, while Kawasaki disease is more common in children under 5 years of age.
- Family history. Behcet’s disease, granulomatosis with polyangiitis, and Kawasaki disease sometimes run in families.
- Choice of lifestyle. Using cocaine can increase your risk of developing vasculitis. Smoking tobacco, especially if you are a man under 45, can increase your risk of Buerger’s disease. Vasculitis Treatment in Hyderabad
The complications of vasculitis depend on the type and severity of your condition. Or they could be related to the side effects of the prescription drugs you use to treat the condition.
Complications of vasculitis include:
- Organ damage. Some types of vasculitis can be serious and damage important organs.
- Blood clots and aneurysms. A blood clot can form in a blood vessel, blocking the flow of blood. In rare cases, vasculitis causes a blood vessel to weaken and swell, creating an aneurysm (AN-yoo-riz-um). Vasculitis Treatment in Hyderabad