Ventricular fibrillation is a rhythm problem that occurs when the heart beats with fast, erratic electrical pulses. These pumping chambers in your heart (the ventricles) shake unnecessarily instead of pumping blood. Sometimes caused by a heart attack, ventricular fibrillation lowers your blood pressure and cuts off the blood supply to your vital organs. Ventricular fibrillation Treatment in Khammam
The most common sign of ventricular fibrillation is unconsciousness.
First signs and symptoms
A condition in which the lower chambers of your heart beat too quickly (ventricular tachycardia, or VT), can lead to ventricular fibrillation. The signs and symptoms of VT include:
- Chest pain
- Fast heartbeat (tachycardia)
- Illustration shows ventricular fibrillation
- Ventricular Fibrillation Open the pop-up dialog box
- To understand ventricular fibrillation, consider a normal heart rhythm.
What is a normal heart rhythm?
When your heart beats, the electrical impulses that cause it to contract follow a specific path through your heart. Interrupting these pulses can cause an irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia).
Your heart is divided into four chambers. The chambers on each half of the heart form two connecting pumps with an upper chamber (atrium) and a lower chamber (ventricle). Ventricular fibrillation Treatment in Khammam
Factors that can increase your risk of ventricular fibrillation include:
- A previous episode of ventricular fibrillation
- A previous heart attack
- A heart defect that you were born with (congenital heart disease)
- Heart muscle disease (cardiomyopathy)
- Injuries that damage the heart muscle, such as B. Electric shock
- Use of illegal drugs such as cocaine or methamphetamine
Ventricular fibrillation is the leading cause of sudden cardiac death. The disease’s fast and irregular heartbeat causes the heart to suddenly stop pumping blood to the body. The longer blood is drawn from the body, the greater the risk of damage to your brain and other organs. Death can occur within minutes.
If you have a first-degree relative – a parent, sibling, or child – with congenital heart disease (congenital heart disease), talk to your doctor about genetic testing. Early detection of a congenital heart problem can guide preventive care and reduce the risk of complications. Ventricular fibrillation Treatment in Khammam